Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies. We’ve won numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s mission of delivering meaningful artificial intelligence (AI) solutions to our impressive range of clients.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to capture a large part of this new market, expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak, as we start the next stage of our scale-up growth.
We are a collaborative bunch and thrive on working together as a team to share knowledge and experiences. The individual will therefore be in contact with not only the finance team on a daily basis, but also have exposure to all parts of the company including sales, marketing and external parties (investors, clients, suppliers etc).
Although initially we’re looking for someone to support the accounting processes function, we are looking for this role to grow and develop through a varied workload, internal mentoring and external training opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of tasks covering different accounting processes including:
● Manage receivables and payables processes from end-to-end – dealing with client and supplier invoices, responding to any queries, payment runs and credit control
● Process employee expenses and manage expenses report
● Input financial transactions into internal databases
● Management of company payment cards
● Assist with VAT preparation and submissions
● Ensure supplier and client records are up to date and maintained
● Compliance with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
● Manage the bank reconciliation on a regular basis
● Assist with month end procedures and journals including accruals, prepayments and inter-company
● Provide general financial support and assistance to the business where needed
We’re on a big mission at Peak ‘to be the global leaders of AI’ and we need teammates with the following qualities to help us make this happen:
● Drive and motivation to deliver excellent internal and external stakeholder service
● Attention to detail – ensuring best practice whilst maintaining an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Enthusiasm to undertake a variety of financial tasks across the business
● Take a logical and pragmatic approach to solving problems and dealing with queries
● Be ambitious and keen to embrace successes and challenges with the team
● Strong communication skills and the confidence to deal with clients/suppliers directly
We’d love to see someone who can demonstrate…
● An understanding of basic accounting principles
● Knowledge of using accounting software (Xero is preferable)
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
● Being a natural self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
● The ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a ‘can do’ attitude and positive approach
● Willingness to learn new systems and processes
● An appreciation of the opportunity and potential available at Peak
● Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambition
● Competitive compensation package – share options, pension, generous holiday entitlement, subsidised gym membership
● Regular team days and social activities
● Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans
● A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style
● Opportunity to influence Peak’s early success in entering the US market in 2019
● Learn from some of the best minds in the UK across multiple disciplines
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our AI System sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and – most importantly – use of data. All supported by our world-class data science team. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and hold Machine Learning Competency status.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. In 5 years we have grown to a team of nearly 100 and expect this to continue to grow in line with our business plans. We have created an excellent office environment that reflects our culture and values. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.