What we collect
We may collect, record, organise, structure, store, adapt, alter, retrieve, consult, use, disclose by transmission, disseminate or otherwise make available, align or combine, restrict, erase or destroy the following types of personal data about you:
This may include:
- Personal Identification
- Your employer or business partner and place of work;
- Any information you make available, or transmit to us, via social media accounts
- We may record telephone conversations for training and security purposes. You will be notified if recording is taking place at the commencement of any call.
We do not collect, store or use sensitive personal data.
How is data collected
In the course of our business, we may collect personal data directly from an individual:
- when you submit an enquiry about our services; and
- when you sign up to our mailing list.
We may also collect personal data about individuals from other sources such as:
- clients to whom we provide services and who ask us to process personal data on their behalf
- to confirm any bought-in marketing lists, information provided to us by marketing agencies and information provided to us by referrers.
We will only collect personal data to the extent that it is required for the specific purpose notified to individuals about whom we are collecting it and we will keep it only as long as is necessary.
How we will use personal data
We will only use personal data when the law allows us to do so and relying on a relevant basis for lawful processing in each instance. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances, relying on the basis of processing indicated:
Basis of processing: Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us (contact details).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (contact details, payment information and any information relating to personalisation status).
Basis of processing: Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party, such as a client using our services, and we have undertaken an assessment to determine that processing for those interests (listed below) does not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights, considering the nature and impact of the processing and any relevant safeguards we can put in place.
- To perform our obligations under any contract with our clients (name, contact details, online identifiers and other related information that our clients may provide).
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (online identifiers and other technical information).
- To provide you with information or services that we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes to the extent consent is required by law) (contact details and any information relating to personalisation preferences).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (online identifiers and other technical information).
- To notify you about changes to our service (contact details).
- To maintain a basic amount of information about you and your use history, in order to provide you with a service tailored to your preferences (contact details, payment history and any information relating to personalisation status).
Basis of processing: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Basis of processing: Where you have consented to the processing.
- To use non-essential cookies on our site (see “Cookies” section below for further information) (online identifiers, location data and other technical information). You have the right to withdraw consent to such use at any time by contacting us but please note that some or all parts of our site may no longer be accessible to you.
- To send you direct marketing communications via email, text message, post or telephone call (contact details). You have the right to withdraw consent to any such use at any time by contacting us.
In this policy, where we have referred to needing your consent for any processing, we will make sure that the consent:
- is specific consent for one or more specified purposes; and
- is given by a clear affirmative act establishing a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your agreement to the relevant processing of personal data.
Other issues about how we use personal data:
- Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal basis we are relying on to process your personal data.
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it (or were asked to process it on behalf of one of our clients), unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please contact us if you would like further details of any additional purposes of processing. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). If this happens, we may have to cancel, or be unable to provide, any services you have requested.
- Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.