As of 25 May 2018, organisations that handle and process the data of EU residents must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a regulation for protecting the personal data of individuals in the digital age. It supersedes the Data Protection Act (DPA).
Peak and GDPR
- Any personal data used must be done so for a reason or business process that the individual has given permission for, or that the business has a ‘legitimate business interest’ in using and holding
- Any personal data must be able to be permanently deleted, at the request of the individual, by any data owner or processor (the ‘right to be forgotten’)
- Any data breaches or losses must be reported to the information commissioner’s office (ICO) within 72 hours
Peak and GDPR Compliance
- Our platform and processes support the deletion of any personal data at the request of individuals
- In such an event, our monitoring systems will enable any data breaches or losses to be fully reported to the ICO under compliance with GDPR
Protection for our customers
- The Peak AI System encrypts all data in transit and at rest
- The Peak AI System has a GDPR ingest feature that identifies personal data and sensitive data using machine learning. To do this, our customers’ data is sampled before being fully ingested into the Peak AIS and proprietary algorithms identifies any personal data or sensitive data. It then automatically publishes a report to help both parties either ignore or selectively ingest personal data. This then enables:
- A choice as to what data is moved to Peak from our customer’s systems
- The anonymisation of all personal data in the Peak AI System, with any raw (deanonymised) data being held under strict access rights (and encrypted).
Talk to our experts
Peak gives your business the opportunity to grow quickly, efficiently and continuously, using data that you already have.
To find out how your business could use data, send a message to one of our experts. We’ll tell what’s possible, with no hard sell.
A quick chat with one of our experts will help you understand how your business can do great things with data.