The demand for AI solutions is growing massively and Peak are perfectly poised to capture a significant share of the enterprise market. Our blend of great tech and brilliant minds provides customers with everything they need to embrace AI.
We are looking for a super-smart Software Engineer to help us build our ground-breaking AI System. The platform incorporates machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms and will revolutionise the way companies use their data.
Based in Manchester, you’ll be working with modern technologies in a collaborative team where everyone’s input is valued and where you’re encouraged to explore new tech and bring fresh ideas to the table.
Peak are building the world’s first AI System specifically designed for enterprise, this role is absolutely key to our clients success and Peak’s continued growth. You’ll develop a highly desirable skill set, working alongside colleagues in Data Science and AI Engineering to deliver work at the cutting edge of this rapidly developing sector.
You’ll be responsible for:
● Researching, designing and writing new applications and features
● Testing, fault finding, and fixing
● Creating technical specifications and test plans
● Writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary
● Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
● Working closely with colleagues within the Engineering and Data Science teams in the UK and India, to share knowledge and collaborate
● Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems
● Investigating new technologies
● Continually updating technical knowledge and skills
We are on a big mission to be the number one AI System for businesses worldwide, as such we need someone who is:
● True team player – share success and works well across the business
● In the know – keeps up to date with latest tech news, launches and product updates, market results and industry announcements
● Win in the right way – delivers activity and results that are aligned to the Peak commercial plan and values
● Creative – able to conceive and deliver unique solutions
● Customer-first – puts the customer at the forefront of every activity to get the best result
● Question the process – build team greatness by challenging the status quo and trying new things
● Believe in being great not good
● Building and designing distributed systems
● Microservices architecture, both designing and implementing
● Experience working with agile methodologies
● Serverless architectures
● Experience with React and strong proficiency in at least one of the following:
● Experience with AWS, and other cloud technologies:
● Cloud Map
We are looking for someone who is good at managing customer/colleague expectations and working towards achieving team deadlines and goals. They will show excellent teamwork with the ability to coach others, and have a strong interest in learning new technologies, and ability to pick these up quickly. They will also have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems.
● Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions
● Competitive compensation package, options, pension and generous holiday entitlement
● Deliver meaningful AI solutions to solve a business’ most complex problems – we will help you develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy
● A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style
● Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven
● Opportunity to influence Peak’s early success in entering the US market in 2019
● Learn from some of the best minds in the UK across multiple disciplines
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our AI System sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and – most importantly – use of data. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracting significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.
Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency status.