SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST – FORECASTING & OPTIMISATION
Artificial intelligence (AI) is what we do and data science is pivotal to our business. If you have a passion for data and leading expertise in machine learning and AI, then this is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be an integral part of a successful, growing, tech scale up company.
We are looking for experts in the field of forecasting and operational research to come and join our demand team. Working with clients of all sizes, spanning various industries and sectors, you will gain exposure to a uniquely varied portfolio of data science problems specialising in areas such as demand forecasting, supply chain optimisation, price optimisation and warehouse management.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside data scientists with a range of technical expertise, working collaboratively to solve complex data science problems for our customers.
With the aim of becoming a leading data science team, we provide extensive internal and external training courses to allow our members to develop further and be the best in their field.
Using your domain knowledge in forecasting and operational research, you’ll help develop our AI solutions for our customers that will help them run their operations more efficiently and cost effectively.
You’ll employ advanced machine learning techniques to model complex problems from variety of different data sources. You also provide support to the data science team to develop their own technical skills and successfully deliver AI solutions.
The role will also provide input to the Product and Engineering teams to support the overall development of the Peak AI System.
We are looking for someone with the following skills but if you believe you can do a great job at Peak but don’t think you meet all of the below criteria, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
● Proven ability to lead successful forecasting and optimisation projects
● Knowledgeable within a specific area, such as logistics, warehouse optimisation, price optimisation and demand forecasting
● Experienced at applying machine learning techniques to model complex business operations problems
● A passion for remaining at the forefront of new and cutting-edge data science capabilities, and can identify opportunities for utilising them for the benefit of Peak and our customers
● Proficient at communicating directly with customers to highlight insights drawn from their data
● You will have a BSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics (Statistics and or Operational Research), Neuroscience, Physics, Engineering or other numerate subject, (dissertation still in progress acceptable). A Masters or PhD in these subjects would be great but is not essential
● You are used to working with varied data sets, both structured and unstructured, and be able to adjust between the two
● Experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics and natural language processing
● Proficient in statistical and other tools/languages, specifically R and/or Python
● Familiar with relational databases and have intermediate level knowledge of SQL
● Sound understanding of a wide range of statistical techniques and can understand and present findings to a non-technical audience
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our AI System sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and – most importantly – use of data. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.
Peak has been named as one of the 25 fastest-growing tech companies in the north by GP Bullhound and we scooped the Judges’ Innovation Award at the 2018 Northern Tech Awards. Not only are we an advanced partner with Amazon, we are also one of only three companies in the UK to hold Amazon Web Services (AWS) Machine Learning Competency status, and one of only 14 globally.